Wednesday 29 November 2017

Shattered Realm- The Core Rules!

Since I'm in such a good mood right now (see previous Post), I thought I'd jump ahead of schedule a bit and post up a link so you can take a look at the Shattered Realm core rules via Dropbox!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/36ew4xaizx61t8e/SR%20Core%20Rules%20Doc%20V.2.5%20COPY..odt?dl=0

Please note that this is still a fairly early (and definitely not pretty!) draft, but I thought it might be good to let folks have a read and maybe even give it a go themselves- it takes the basic Dracula's America rules, and expands on them a fair bit...

If anyone ever gives it a try at some point then please let me know how you get on- maybe we could start a discussion over on the Lead Adventure Forum (where I go by Fenrir, by the way)!

Oh, and next week I'll be putting up the Advanced Rules (including mounts, rules for light-levels and tentative Solo play rules!).
I'm also in the process of painting up some spectral adversaries for my plucky Dwarves, ready for a Solo-play game report in the (hopefully) near future...

Cheers!

9 comments:

  1. Hello, I recently discovered the Dracula's America game. I love it, I hope to play it soon. Shattered Realm seems like a great idea and I love its influences, it takes more games like that. I'm currently translating it into Spanish. I hope to play it soon in my club. Will you create the different guilds or will you include different races for the followers?

    A greeting from Spain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Fian, I was also thinking about translating the rules into Spanish, I can help you if you want, my email is dune.jdr (arroba) gmail (punto) com

      Delete
  2. Hello, Fian!
    Thanks for the kind words- hope you enjoy Dracula's America and Shattered Realm! As things have progressed the Guilds have become less important to the actual game, but have remained vital to the background. The same can be said for races- the reason for this is that I want people to be able to use whatever figures with whatever style they like- the more constraints I put on the players in the rules, the less happy I became! SR is all about freedom, and if you want to play a studious Dwarf or a berserk Elf then the rules shouldn't stop you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello again. Ummm saw interesting rules for different guilds, who knows, you could include them optionally. Although from what I read of the background, the dwarves are no longer the only ones to go in search of treasures. Can you take a band of only elves for example? I have a friend who just prefers total freedom to create each member of his band ...

    a greeting

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, Fian.
    Yes, some optional rules for the Guilds would be a good idea!
    Yes, you can take whatever figures you like- an Elf-only Party is certainly possible, for example! You could even have a mixed Party- for example Dwarves, Elves, Orcs and Minotaurs in the same group...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Perfect, i'm waiting for these opctional rules!!! ^^

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Jonathan, I have been trying the rules and i have noticed that STR has no impact on combat neither practically no impact on general rules. May be you should think about reducing the number of atributes or make them more relevant in the game.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi, Unknown-

    You are right- STR is not really a Combat-related Stat! It is used mainly in situations where a model must exercise it's physical power to achieve something; such as forcing open or holding closed a door, shifting a heavy object and so on. While it has few defined uses in the rules, it's there so that players can improvise and 'role-play' things a little bit during play. Much like DA, Shattered Realm is intended to be more of a story-driven experience than a straight-up fight...
    Hope that helps!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Jonathan, Im loving DA! what a great multi player game it is.

    Shattered Realm, STR consider giving more reasons for increasing the stat, like, STR D8 or more is required to wield a 2 handed weapon (like the Brute) and to wear Heavy Armour.
    Steve

    ReplyDelete

Arnor Lives! Plus of course some rambling...

With the weather (only slightly) curtailing my wanderings in the Great Outdoors, I have been back at my painting desk feverishly churning th...